THE HAPPY SCHERBELS

Saturday, January 30, 2010

So I'm very new at this whole blogging thing and quite frankly I think it's HARD! but I've been strongly encouraged, on many different accounts and by multiple people, to get one so here it is... My Blog. I have every intention of updating it at least once a week but, unfortunately, i can't promise anything. With that said, I would like to give everyone the updates all up until now and at least a weeks head start on my life, just in case I forget to post next week.
On February 6 of this year, at 5:41 p.m. it will have been exactly three months ago that me and Dan had a tiny baby girl named Brooklyn Emery Scherbel. 6 lbs, 2 oz. 19 1/2 in. long and totally beautiful. She is the second love of our lives and she really is perfect. Heavenly Father was totally showing off when he made her. For Brooklyn's 3 month birthday she and I are going to get her pictures taken and she is so excited, those I will definitely post on here. I also took the liberty to give her her first pedicure last tuesday, as she was taking a nap in her swing, she has beautiful red toenails now and as soon as I figure out how to post pictures on this thing I will show everyone those as well.
I found a new friend, her name is Kim and she has conveniently just finished cosmetology school and her and her husband live in the same condominiums that we do. She charges $10 a cut and thats just fantastic for me, since I stopped working and we are on a super strict budget. but don't worry I like her for lots of other reasons too!
Dan (a.k.a superman) has lost 18 lbs. in 3 weeks. he is training for another marathon in may and a triathlon in june, yes that's what I said, and marathon AND a triathlon. He has almost officially decided on a profession in kinesiology and then going on to the physical therapy/ sports medicine side of it. But so far in the year and a 1/2 that we've been married he's considered, doctor, math teacher, engineer, paramedic, recreational therapy, and a few more. OH if we could all have TOO many talents to choose from.

3 comments:

  1. I think this was a wonderful start to your blog. I see that you were able to get a background up just fine and it looks fantastic. Congratulations on your sweet baby, I can't wait to see her and her beautiful toes. Your hubs is amazing..I don't have the discipline for runs like that. So I am super impressed. While you are writing in your post there is a little image link that is right next to the word "link" that will let you put pictures up. I have the most updated version so I hope that helped.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! I am so glad you have a blog! I am super excited to see pictures of your beautiful baby girl! Blogging took me a while to get the hang of at first too, but once you get it figured out it is pretty easy and so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Kyli Sue... you joined the blogging world! Yeah! Can't wait to see pics of her cute red toes! I keep getting tempted to paint Kayden's toes... just once haha but Phil would kill me :)

    ReplyDelete